To provide our daughters with the tools and empowerment needed to function
as productive adults and citizens within their families and community.
To encourage all moms and daughters to develop a positive relationship with beauty, and to help to build their self-esteem so that they can maximize their God given potential. Together we support each other, work better and are stronger. Let's work together to mold our daughters; to teach them to make healthy life choices, encourage them, empower them, establish them and stand with them every step of the way as they go through life making the right decisions.
We are excited to welcome you to Moms & Me. This is a place where moms and daughters come together to have a heart to heart conversation, and to provide a support system that will help our daughters as they transition from kids to teens, to young adults and finally to adults. M&M is a community that is committed to foster mother-daughter connection by creating an avenue for us moms to bond with our daughters. As moms, we are the most important influence to our daughters. M&M will create a mentor and mentee relationship with our daughters, which we will take to the next level in this group.
I was inspired to bring us together because of my precious daughters, especially my oldest and my big sisters whose examples and support have been a blessing in my journey as a mother. Not to forget my career as a Social worker.
Chioma Ezeocha was born and raised in Nigeria. She moved to the United States with her family during her teenage years and spent her adolescent years in Washington DC where she attended High School. Soon after, she enrolled in Virginia Union University where she studied Psychology with an emphasis on Child Psychology in Richmond, VA. After graduation, she proceeded to work at Richmond Behavioral Center where she mentored children with special needs. After two years she moved to the Baltimore area and started a new career adventure with the Maryland Department of Social Services where she currently works as a Social Worker. Chioma is a strong believer that each child is created for a purpose. With encouragement from friends and family Chioma founded the non-profit organization, Moms and Me, where her goal is to empower young girls to be worthy leaders in the society at large by maximizing their talents, potentials and opportunities. Chioma lives in Reisterstown, MD with her wonderful husband of 14 years and their marriage is blessed with four adorable children. She considers her being able to juggle her career and motherhood as her greatest achievement. Her strong reliance on her faith keeps her going despite the obstacles life throws at her. In her spare time (which she hardly ever has) Chioma loves to watch Nollywood movies, cook and spend time with her friends and family.
AimThe purpose of M&M is to support each other as moms, nurture our relationships with our daughters, help them thrive as young girls and welcome them into a community of strong women leading by example.
Unique Qualities of Moms&Me
- Participate in new learning experiences/activities (enrichment activities)
- Receive Quarterly words of encouragement by post
- Receive a scrapbook on their 13th birthday
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
We support each other as moms when we give ourselves the opportunity to flourish where we are planted. Each mom has a wealth of knowledge or an area of expertise that they are great at. At our events, we give moms the opportunity to share what they are good at to encourage our girls that they can be successful in anything they set their minds to.
In the Community
Benefiting Children in the Community,
May 1, 2021
Our Goal Towards Zero Hunger,
November 7, 2020
Passport to Success,
August 22, 2020
Become a Member
If you are interested in becoming a Moms & Me member, please contact us by filling out the form below:
If you would like to donate or pay your yearly dues, please use the payment methods below.
We appreciate your support and contribution to the success of Moms and Me organization.
Our Code of Conduct
- Every mother and child will be treated with love and kindness.
- It is mandatory that daughters are accompanied by moms.
- Our emphasis is to provide support and encouragement to our young girls without drama by building a solid foundation and developing good character without judging lifestyle/fashion choices.
- Support each other as moms.
- All thoughts and opinions will be communicated in dignity and with respect, without confrontation especially at times of varying views or opinions about any given issue.
- Listen with an open mind and compassionate heart.
- Stay connected with our daughters.
- Explore and grow as women and moms.
- Help our daughters grow up strong and free.
- Build trust in a noncompetitive environment.
- Your full commitment and participation is necessary for the success of the group.
- Full commitment requires making yourself available and on time for our quarterly events during the year, completely reviewing status updates throughout the year, and being fully committed to tasks that you have been assigned.
- We have 4 planned activities for the year and you are expected to fully participate in at least 2 out of the 4 activities. If this will be an issue, please notify us at the beginning of the year so that we can work out some alternate arrangement.
- When soliciting potential opportunities using the M&M name, there has to be an internal discussion and consensus. One point of contact will be identified and assigned by the M&M leadership prior to initiating the external outreach. The point of contact might change depending on the topic, program or initiative.
- Remember, we are all working together to make this a success and that our daughters will be all that God designed them to be.
Moms and Me can do together what one mom alone cannot.
Expectations and Commitment from M&M Girls
- Active participation during the session of the programs, this is to ensure every girl is carried along in the capacity building.
- Availability during the session.
- Every girl deserves to be respected, so communication must be done with respect.
- True support helps in moving fast, avoid unhealthy competition and rivalry.
- Cultivate the art of listening with an open mind and compassionate heart.
- Have a heart to serve, this helps you to become a better Leader.
When one shines, we all shine.